The Heartland Humanist Conference was held on the campus of the University of Nebraska at Omaha, Roskens Hall, Auditorium 010A, the weekend of August 14-16, 2015. Located in the heart of Nebraska’s largest city, the university is regarded as a forward-thinking, comprehensive metropolitan university. Sunday afternoon’s Heartland Humanist Conference Picnic was held in the nearby Elmwood Park Pavilion.
For those traveling to Omaha and planning to spend the weekend, we recommended looking into accommodations at either the new Staybridge Suites Hotel near 78th & Dodge, or the Marriott Courtyard Hotel in Aksarben Village.
Both hotels have indoor heated pools, complimentary fitness centers, free parking and free wired and wireless Internet service along with easy access to a variety of nearby restaurants, lounges and shopping.
Venue Orientation Map and Key Event Highlights
Check out this convenient venue orientation map showing hotel locations, the conference venue and after hours social event locations. Note that all conference sessions took place in Roskens Hall, Auditorium 010A, on the University of Nebraska, Omaha Campus. For a detailed schedule of events please visit our Schedule page.
- On-site registration began at 2:00 pm on Friday, August 14th in Rosken’s Hall, Auditorium 010A at UNO.
- Friday night Conference Kickoff social event started at 6:30 pm at DJ’s Dugout, 1003 Capitol Avenue in Omaha, adjacent to Omaha’s Old Market Area.
- On-site registration began at 8:00 am on Saturday, August 15th in Roskens Hall, Auditorium 010A at UNO.
- Saturday night conference dinner started at 5:30 pm at the Old Market Spaghetti Works, 1105 Howard Street, Omaha, NE.
- Sunday conference sessions began at 9:00 am, August 16th in Roskens Hall, Auditorium 010A at UNO.
- Sunday’s conference picnic began at 11:00 am, in the Elmwood Park Pavilion adjacent to the UNO Campus (see map for exact location).